Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Hearts for your Sweetie


Quick and easy heart cookies to make for someone special.

I couldn't decide between the red and the white background.  Which do you like?



To get the great crackle finish on the cookies use the directions from the "Warm Up with these Cute Snowflake Cookies!" blog.  To get the different shades of pink I used the same color of dust in just various amounts, adjusting water to get proper consistency.

For the flowers, I used the Rose Swag Pair mold and just put a fondant / modeling chocolate mixture in the spots I wanted.  I used one of the Sugar Shapers to make sure to really press the fondant/modeling chocolate mixture into the details.


Pressed green into the leaf sections.
Pressed pink into the rose section.  Didn't have enough pink so backed in white. 
The rose popped out!





To get the scrolls I used the Fancy Mini Scrolls mold.  To prevent distortion I placed the mold in the freezer for about 5 minutes prior to taking out.  Then lightly dust with silver highlight of choice. 

Playing with placement.  Decided I didn't like the silver on the white cookies after this test. 




DTC Products Used:
Rose Swag Pair

No comments:

Post a Comment