Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Potempa-Bissler Wedding - October 2010

In October, I traveled to Chicago to do a wedding cake for our good friends Christina Potempa and Paul Bissler - Mind you, I live in Kansas City... But what better way to celebrate a friendship and wedding that to be able to road trip to make the cake.

The wedding was held around the Wrigleyville area of Chicago and in one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen -- Architectural Artifacts.

The 5-tier fondant covered cake featured the wide scalloped lace press, puddle pleats and gum paste flowers to match the brides flowers.
For those wondering, I did not traveled with the cake assembled -- I did assemble and freeze each crumb coated layer -- but all the assembly, including the flowers were done after arriving in the Windy City! 

I can't say enough about "The Mat" from Sweetwise for rolling out the fondant for the cake - the powdered sugar bomb was adverted using this tool!  Also, to Fondx, as I used their fondant to cover the cake.



Also, thanks to my dear friend Jennifer Dontz of Sugar Delites, who taught me how to make gum paste flowers in her classes a few years back -- She now has DVDs so you too can learn to make beautiful gum paste flowers

Here is another view of the cake - The cake's design was taken primarily from Christine's wedding dress
















And we must not forget the groom's cake! Paul is a huge Cleveland Brown's fan - so what better than a Brown's helmet.

Thanks for letting me share....

Melissa
Decorate the Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment